No matter what side of the fence you are on, one must agree that mining is a necessity in our modern world. Without it, we would not be capable of new technologies that allow us to advance; nor would we be able to maintain our current standard of living. So, what would happen if the world suddenly stopped mining tomorrow?
- Automobiles, both gas and electric would disappear.
- 27 States would lose 25% of their electricity output.
- No nails to hammer projects home.
- No more high rises, bridges, airplanes, trains, or space exploration.
- Granite, marble, and anything steel in homes would be gone. Formica would make a huge comeback! Oops… it uses a white crystalline compound (borax). No Formica, either!
- Anything plastic; molded or otherwise.
- Nuclear energy?
- Renewables? Well, that can’t happen without mining!
- Like that Fitbit?
- No more Televisions.
- No more smartphones – or phones – period.
- Computers, unfortunately, also gone
- Not my Alexa??!!!??
- No more going to the gym… phew! (at least one good thing would come of it)
- Some medicines would disappear, and the medical advancements over hundreds of years would disappear. Need a knee replacement? Pacemaker? Dialysis? Surgery? Sorry.
- Gold and Silver used in pretty much all technology out there – poof! A historical form of money throughout millennium – gone.
The World Cannot Do Away With Mining
We are too far advanced and too accustomed to our lifestyles for that to happen. The recruiting team here at JSG is privileged to work with some of the best clients and candidates out there. These companies and men and women of mining are responsible for the comfort in your life and the advancements in our technology. Instead of complaining about how destructive mining is; think about how deconstructed your world would be.
Is there a story out there in there in mining that you would like to see in my next blog? Please reach out to me and let’s talk! I love to hear personal stories and mining history from the mining family out there!